English Language Teaching Positions
Vacancy Job: English Teacher
Collins Institute of English
Shorsh Street, next to Shorsh Petrol Station, Erbil
Number of vacancies: 8 Teachers
To efficiently and effectively teach and educate the students of Collins International Institute according to the curriculum framework adopted by the institute, besides of undertaking the duties associated with teaching and learning process in order to achieve the related goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To plan, prepare, develop and deliver lessons for the specified subjects to all students according to the Collins International Institute teaching system.
• To actively participate in the assessment process, using different techniques and provide effective, timely and suitable feedback to students to support learning.
• To involve and engage students in classroom activities to ensure that the learning process is taking place.
• To make sure that the classroom is managed in a way that guarantees an interesting, friendly and encouraging environment.
• To design, prepare and develop teaching materials required in the area of specialty.
• To conduct student evaluations for the courses and analyze the data and discuss findings with them.
• To attend the meetings, and participating in implementing the decisions made.
• To carry out administrative tasks related to the Collins International Institute administration department.
• To communicate, consult and cooperate with other teachers and admin members to ensure the best interest of students.
• To take the students attendance, entering it into the system and reporting it to the administration department.
• To professionally deal with any students’ disciplinary matters arise during the time students are inside the classroom.
• To perform all the assigned duties by the administration department in line with the Collins International Institute rules and regulations.
• To analyze all students’ results and make necessary recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Master or bachelor in English, English as a Second Language (TESOL), English Literature, English Teaching (or eqv), Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
• 2 years or more proven teaching experience and knowledge in the area of specialty. Fluency in English is required. Arabic and/or Kurdish skills are highly desirable.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and willingness to share knowledge and experience.
• Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft office.
• Experience in teaching groups with mixed abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to create interesting and engaging material for groups of learners.
• Proactive, motivated and adaptable individual.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.